Social Economic Development
Since 2009, Ger to Ger’s geographic range has expanded to new 6 Provinces and regions that are now covering nearly 10 Provinces (Province in USA terms is State) throughout Mongolia the June 2005 pilot project launch of 1 route with 8 nomadic families. The 2009-10 expansion included the establishment of well over 40 nomadic routes, fusion travel routes as well as cultural home stay programs and festivals.
Ger to Ger advances the appreciation of rural resources (nature, environment, cultural heritage sites, etc.) via tourism’s economic incentives – this is evident as over 90% of Ger to Ger’s human resources and services are rurally supplied, outsourced and/or based:
1. Nomadic families (human resource, cultural resource, horses, camels, livestock, etc.)
2. Rural community human resources (drivers, guides, facilitators, etc.)
3. Rural accommodations (guesthouses, hotels, etc.)
4. Food and drink (rural guesthouses, shops, hotels, nomadic families, etc.)
5. Rural transportation (buses, jeeps, cars, etc.)