A BIG CONGRATULATIONS from us to you!
In the tradition being Lonely Planet's “...most innovative tourism concept in Mongolia, the Ger to Ger Programme should be near the top of every traveller’s wish list...” and National Geographic Society's Top Ten Global GeoTourism Finalist, one of the "World's Innovative Travel Entrepreneurs" and GeoTourism Ambassador - Today you are on your way to becoming an AWESOME kick-starter, crowd-funder and cultural GeoTourism Ambassador! Together we can all take the stand for ethically sustained tangible results!
Yes - you are not just a tour operator, nor a "tourist", and nope, not even a "traveler" to us at GER to GER - we value your social economic importance too profoundly. With our social economic development mindsets and operational frameworks truly being unique - you can start preparing yourself for an amazing cultural eco adventure of a lifetime!
At GER to GER we operate as travel industry experts, social economic developers and film media specialists supporting Mongolia's nomadic populations and their rural communities. Via the diversity of our skills within our Agency, we assist our communities throughout Mongolia to systematically link to the greater international tourism industry in order to generate greatly needed alternative incomes to sustain their livelihoods. On and off for a course of three years prior to its rapid and successfully implementation in June 2005, GER to GER was designed uniquely for Mongolia. Since then, GER to GER has successfully expanded across 11,000 square kilometers of Mongolia (around 10 Provinces). Within our operational locations, GER to GER spans across a very massive geographic terrain of mountains, deserts, river valleys, pasture lands, steppes and more! You can only begin to imagine what awesome cultural eco adventures we all have designed.
Today GER to GER (traditional nomadic dwelling) has become Mongolia’s only and last surviving internationally donor funded community-based tourism initiative (according to its original master plan - I'm still here) to successfully maintain its sustainability via private sector. GER to GER has become the definitive cultural eco tourism agency for rural communities, inhabitants and nomadic families to systematically link to the global tourism industry as well for international travelers and operators to ethically link and support Responsible Tourism in Mongolia. Since June 2005 till today, GER to GER continues to be officially recognized by a wide variety of international institutions and like-minded individuals that includes the Swiss Agency for International Development (SDC), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Mercy Corps International, Recording Artist Ms. Loreena McKennitt, Asian Foundation’s Give2Asia.org, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), National Geographic Society USA-D.C., National Geographic Society’s Explorers Take Action, Ashoka Changemakers, Global Giving, WHL Travel, Lonely Planet, Rough Riders, Trailblazers and more!
With our local travel knowledge and rural human resources that span vast geographical terrains coupled with our multi-industry development expertise, it allows us to custom tailor travel experiences effectively with communities thus ensuring eco sensitivity, less impact on culture, value for money, etc. By partnering with GER to GER you will be directly supporting our Responsible Eco Tourism mission throughout Mongolia & beyond and in return highlighting your commitment towards Responsible Travel and Tourism; KNOW YOUR PRODUCTS - purchase locally, purchase ethically and purchase responsibly!
Know the GER to GER Difference; here are some of our achievements:
- 99% rurally operated
- Expanded across 11,000 sq. kilometers of Mongolia
- Rural operations leave virtually no carbon footprints
- At own expense over 99% of human resources are being trained by GER to GER now
- With 6,000+ travelers, GER to GER maintains over 99% health & safety via its pre-depature Responsible Travel trainings
- GER to GER continues to finance/joint-finance social economic initiatives for nomadic communities
- Assisted 26 families, in Gobi Region, during massive climatic winter disaster (food, hay, etc.)
- Carried out open health clinic for 4,000+ locals in association with a Korean Doctors without borders N.G.O.
- Assisted over 50+ children to access higher education
- Continues to assist in job market diversification
- Today more than 100+ jobs have been created for rural inhabitants
- Annually, with partners, 200+ bags of trash are being collected as apart of our river conservation initiative
- As of today, $200,000+ USD have been directly allocated to participating nomadic families across Mongolia
- And more!